It is every couples’ joy to bear and raise healthy children. But this is sometimes not possible when the pregnancy is not given proper care. Giving birth to a healthy child is determined by how you take care of your pregnancy from inception till you give birth and even follow-ups after birth. If you are pregnant or planning to have a child, visit Jackson Heights pregnancy care at Raveco Medical. They give you self-centered care to ensure that you fulfill the joy of being a parent. Call them to book your appointment today so you can start getting the proper care for you and your baby.
Table of Contents
Making the decision to have a baby is exciting for you and your partner. Raising a child is no small thing, and keeping both you and baby healthy should be essential. Good care before, during, and after your pregnancy is crucial.
Before you get pregnant, it is advisable to talk to your healthcare provider to get proper preparation. Good prenatal care consists of healthy eating habits and good nutrition. The following are some of the things you should do:
- Choose a provider to extend care throughout your pregnancy
- Take prenatal supplements rich in folic acid
- Talk with your provider in case any other medications are needed
- Avoid all alcohol and limit caffeine
- No smoking
You are required to go for prenatal tests to monitor the progress of your pregnancy. The visits are divided according to your pregnancy stage which are;
- First-trimester care
- Second-trimester care
- Third-trimester care
The following tests must be carried out to ascertain whether the baby is healthy and there are no critical issues that need to be looked after. Ultrasounds are used to see how your baby is growing and help establish a due date. Other tests that will be used are;
- Glucose tests to check for gestational diabetes
- Blood test to check for normal fetal DNA in your blood
- Blood type testing such as Rh and ABO
- Blood tests for Anemia
- Blood tests to follow any chronic illness you had before becoming pregnant
- Fetal echocardiography to check the baby’s heart
- Amniocentesis to check for birth defects and genetic problems
- Nuchal translucency test to check for problems with the baby’s genes
- Tests to check for sexually transmitted disease
What To Expect During Pregnancy?
During pregnancy, you are likely to experience various side effects such as;
- Morning sickness
- Backaches, leg pain, and other aches and pains during pregnancy
- Problems sleeping
- Skin and hair changes
- Vaginal bleeding in early pregnancy
Different women experience symptoms in different ways. Some have minimal symptoms and others have severe complications forcing them to undergo bed rest. Your healthcare provider will advise you on how to manage any complications.
Possible Pregnancy Complications
The journey of pregnancy is complex. Whereas some women have a smooth process, some experience complications. That does not mean the baby will be born unhealthy, but it calls for your healthcare provider to monitor you closely making sure you are safe throughout the pregnancy period.
The following are the common complications during pregnancy:
- Gestational diabetes
- High blood pressure during pregnancy
- Problems with the placenta
- Vaginal bleeding
- Early labor
- Your baby is not growing properly
- Premature or preterm changes in the cervix
- Your baby has medical problems
It is always advisable to notify your provider in case you notice any unusual signs.
Labor and Delivery
You should engage your provider to understand what to expect during delivery and what you are required to do during and after delivery.
Make sure you are safe and ready to give birth to a healthy child by receiving the best care before, during, and after delivery. Book your appointment today at Raveco Medical and schedule a consultation with a specialist.