Pediatric care signifies the treatment of children under the age of 18. Our team at Oasis Ear, Nose, and Throat in Surprise, Arizona, specialize in pediatrics, especially Ear, Nose, and Throat (ENT) healthcare. The specialists major in offering professional and kid-centric medical care. This objective includes giving friendly diagnoses and medication techniques to treat conditions affecting the patient’s nasal airways and passages. Contact our doctors for a good experience getting pediatric ENT in Surprise, Arizona.
Table of Contents
Why is a kid’s ENT health more important?
Kids have a higher risk of experiencing ENT issues like sinusitis and ear infections, which often require different and specific medical care, unlike adults. Getting child-friendly services and treatment plans, you might need a kid’s ENT specialist to ensure your child has a good hospital experience. Please book your appointment at our specialist’s office in Surprise today.
Even though pediatric ENT tries to prioritize kids’ comfort, the team can also perform a surgical procedure when the measure is necessary. Their expertise allows them to treat chronic and acute neck and head conditions that are common in children.
Which ENT problems are most common in children?
Since pediatric ENT involves anything medical within the child’s ears, nose, and throat, contact a specialist or book a session when they experience breathing problems. Persistent symptoms like throat soreness and coughing should also be reported to your pediatrician. Our team collaborates to achieve much within their field, including diagnosing and effectively treating a range of conditions in kids, including:
- Sinus infections
- Breathing problems
- Nasal deformities
- Sore throat
- Hearing loss
- Ear infections
- Facial injuries
- Nose bleeds
- Cleft palate or cleft lip
- Sleep-disordered breathing
To figure out the condition’s cause, the doctors explore the symptoms their patients discuss with them during the initial examination. They might order imaging and blood tests for further clarity before focusing on a specific condition and planning its treatment. For comfort, they may use children-specific diagnostics and treatment procedures.
Which services are provided by pediatric ENT specialists?
We at Oasis Ear, Nose, and Throat will offer you medical services such as customized plans. Our specialist team designs such schedules to suit your kid’s age and condition. The general overview includes services like:
- Medications: Administering medication is vital to treating conditions affecting the ENT region. You will be taught how to administer medicine from time intervals to specific dosages effectively.
- Nonsurgical procedures: These in-office procedures include removing foreign objects from your child’s ear, throat, or nose. Short-time treatments such as nasal implants could also be administered to improve the child’s breathing.
- Surgery: Although not a normal first option treatment procedure, such measures are sometimes vital to save the kid’s life. Our experts at Oasis Ear, Nose, and Throat perform treatments like a tonsillectomy. The minimally invasive surgery that involves the sinus is among several other operations done within our offices.
- Home Care: Even after treatment, care is essential for the child’s wellbeing and recovery. We teach our patients’ parents how to handle their kid’s conditions and processes for rapid recovery. The experts might recommend using an air humidifier, resting, and other approaches to enhance the child’s safety and health.
For assistance in case of persistent pain, breathing problems, and other symptoms, contact Oasis specialists in Surprise, Arizona, to schedule your child’s appointment today.