Arthritis is a disease that causes pain and stiffness in the joints; it can either impact just one joint or can affect several joints. It is a disease that is quite common but can become the cause of a lot of discomfort depending on the severity of the disease. Arthritis in El Centro is a disease that has no cure, but a person can live with it comfortably with proper management of this disease.
Managing Arthritis With Working on Your Lifestyle
Since arthritis cannot be cured, it is important to manage it properly so that it doesn’t become a hindrance in your day-to-day life and for that adopting some habits and changing a few things in your lifestyle goes a long way.
- Staying active- Studies show that staying active and adding some exercise in your lifestyle reduces inflammation and thus brings down pain and fatigue. The person must not put extra pressure on the body and exercise according to their own pace and ability.
- Practice meditation- Studies point out that meditation helps with pain in arthritis patients and also aids the overall functional betterment of the patient.
- Maintaining a healthy diet- What you include in your food can help in bringing down inflammation, so it is important to add fruits and vegetables that have anti-inflammatory qualities to your diet.
- Massage- Massages have proven to be very helpful for arthritis patients as getting them regularly helps a person maintain the pain in a much better way.
- Proper rest- It is important to not over-exert your body and listen to it when it is asking for rest as not resting when the body demands can increase the intensity of pain.
- Lose weight- There is a direct relationship between the intensity of pain and the weight of your body. Doctors suggest that the person lose weight so that the pressure exerted on the joints also reduces.
- Improve sleep cycle- Studies have successfully shown that disturbed sleep can result in increased fatigue and pain in arthritis patients. So, it is important that the sleeping patterns are improved and they get a good night’s sleep every day.
- Stay in touch with your doctor- Paying regular visits to your doctor keep you informed and they will also help in managing the disease in an effective manner.
Arthritis is a disease that can be lived with by learning to manage it properly.