The Importance of Today’s Orthopaedic Professionals: Finding Pain Relief
The human gait is essentially the symphony of movements comprise of the way we walk, from the moment our heels absorb the ground’s impact to the resulting transfer of energy that occurs throughout our entire bodies. These movements work in a repetitious cycle, as each step you take begins and ends at the same point, which places a lot of importance on the style and technique within your gait sequence. If you wish to avoid injuries and chronic conditions down the road, it’s important to understand that our knees, ankles, and feet represent three of the most complex parts of the human skeletal system and they need to be treated as such. So whether you’re struggling with a minor condition, such as a knee sprain or plantar fasciitis, or a more serious malady, such as an ACL tear or shin splints, a dedicated orthopaedic specialist can be your saving grace from pain, discomfort, and general mobility issues.
Most Common Orthopaedic Conditions
Today’s orthopaedic surgeon specialises in diagnosing, treating, and rehabilitating a host of sports-based injuries, which reinforces a comprehensive approach to muscular, joint, and cartilage care. The most prevalent musculoskeletal diagnoses are shown below:
- Rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis
- Fractures, dislocations, and bone abnormalities
- Torn ligaments, tendon injuries, and general sprains/strains
- Muscular dystrophy, cerebral palsy, sciatica, and scoliosis
Many of these conditions have left people feeling discouraged and helpless with regard to leading a normal life. So if you’re looking for a place to treat knee pain in Singapore, look no further than a reputable orthopaedic centre. With superior medical technology and a plethora of world-renowned musculoskeletal specialists at the ready, Singapore has staked its claim as a global leader in remedial orthopaedic procedures. But before you schedule an appointment, it’s important to know exactly what to expect in terms of corrective treatment options.
Modern Treatment Options
It’s important to note that orthopaedic specialists try to avoid invasive surgeries at all costs. This is because the root of the issue usually stems from a deformity, misalignment, the patient’s posture, or general instability. Oftentimes you’ll see that physical therapy, strengthening exercises, and muscular manipulation can assuage many of the most common conditions. However, if surgery is required, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a more qualified individual to perform the procedure than a reputable orthopaedic surgeon. Below you’ll find the most common surgical procedures in this field:
- Arthroscopy – The surgeon uses special cameras and equipment to assess and treat issues within a particular joint. Tiny camera technology allows the doctor to see exactly where a tear, bruise, or misalignment happens to be.
- Fusion – A “welding” process in which bone grafts and metal rods are used to fuse a single bone together following a fracture. This type of procedure reinforces the structural integrity of the bone in question, which significantly reduces the possibility of repeat injuries.
- Osteotomy – By cutting, filing, and repositioning a bone, the surgeon will be able to treat a host of different skeletal conditions, deformities, and injuries. This is often used to correct improper healing or abnormalities stemming from musculoskeletal conditions.
Whether you’re struggling with intense knee pain or simply wish to learn more about musculoskeletal health, scheduling an appointment at a reputable orthopaedic centre is a wise decision.