Missing teeth is a common dental issue, affecting quite a good number of individuals. The frequent causes of missing teeth include severe tooth decay, gum disease, accident or injury, and cavities. Missing teeth usually lowers your smile quality, creating confidence issues. It also brings chewing problems, interfering with your speech, bone loss, teeth shifting, among others.
It is therefore essential to replace missing teeth to avoid such problems. Suppose you have missing teeth that interfere with your daily life; consider having implant dentures in Alexandria to better your life. Contact them today to learn more about implant dentures.
What are implant dentures?
Dentures are a traditional teeth replacement treatment for more than one tooth. It enhances fluent speech and improves your chewing. However, these traditional dentures usually rest on the gums and use suction and adhesives to enhance stability, which may cause bone loss.
At Northern Virginia Orla, Maxillofacial & Implant surgery offer advanced implant-supported dentures for a more improved experience. The highly skilled team attaches your prosthetic teeth to dental implants placed in your jaw to anchor the dentures.
Implant dentures come in several types, including the All-on-4 implants, which use four implants to support the replacement teeth. But, the number of implants used depends on the health of your jawbone.
What are the benefits of implant dentures?
- Implant dentures offer higher stability compared to traditional dentures. Usually, with traditional dentures, they rest on your gums, making them shift or slide, especially after using them for some time. Implant-supported dentures enhance them to stay in place.
- In addition, implant dentures are not removable, saving you the hassle of removing and cleaning the dentures daily. They allow you to take care of your dentures as if they were your natural teeth.
- They also prevent bone loss in your jaw, as the implants enhance bone stimulation.
- Implant dentures provide the best satisfaction for clear speech, improved chewing, and improving confidence, hence promoting life quality.
- They provide improved bite strength allowing you to take various diets, thus improving your nutritional value.
Despite the many benefits, you might want to consider some cons with implant dentures, such as the expensive cost of treatment, not forgetting the extended time it may take to install the dentures compared to traditional dentures.
What to expect during the implant denture procedure?
During your consultation, your provider checks if you are a good candidate for implant dentures. Then your surgeon uses an advanced imaging tool to assess where your jaws can support the implants. If you have bone loss, you may need a bone graft first before the procedure begins.
The time your treatment will take will depend on the number of implants you need and how quickly your jaw heals. For cases such as All-on-4 implants, you may require two visits before your teeth replacement is ready. Where you need a bone graft, you may require several visits to the clinic.
Consult an implant denture specialist today
An implant-supported denture is false teeth or dentures placed on the implants inserted in the jawline, giving you a permanent solution. It is significant to consider both the pros and cons of implant dentures before making your decision. To see if implant dentures are fitting for you, consult Northern Virginia Oral, Maxillofacial & Implant Surgery experts today.