We often take the lazy option when it comes to skin care routine, thinking that a quick clean with face wipes and a dash of moisturiser would be sufficient. Having oily skin is not just a problem for teenagers but people of all ages fight with the marks and shines that go hand-in-hand with extra oil. For many, oily skin begins in the teen years, when puberty brings hormonal changes in the body. If you have an oily skin, an everyday routine to gently cleanse, moisturize and sun-protect your skin is essential. Use good products that will work to remove dead skin cells, dirt, and extra oil gently, without shedding or drying out your skin. Following the below mentioned skin care routine can help you take care of the oily skin.
Tips for Taking Care of Oily Skin
1. Cleanse: Start your skin care routine with cleansing and using a face wash for oily skin type twice daily. Double cleansing is much more effective so you can first use raw milk at night and then use the face wash. This makes the skin softer. This is the most important step of the routine.
2. Tone: Toner helps the skin to maintain its natural pH level and thus preventing it from drying out or the other way and getting too greasy. Use a water-based toner as alcohol-based ones tend to irritate the skin rather than soothe it.
3. Hydrate: This is not an essential step, but it wakes up the skin perfectly in the morning and only takes two seconds. Using a facial spray, just spritz a couple of sprays over the face and hydrate your skin. This also works well when used again after applying make-up as it sets make up perfectly.
4. Eye Cream: Always use an eye cream to avoid wrinkles and bags under the eyes. Eye creams works best if it is kept in the fridge and then applied.
5. Moisturise: People with oily skin are generally under a myth that they don’t require moisturizer as they already have oily skin and their skin doesn’t feel dry. This is absolutely wrong; in fact every type of skin bodes well with a good moisturiser. Just pick out the moisturizer for an oily skin and you are good to go.
6. Hair Removal: There are hundreds of hair removal products available today so it is hard to know which one is the best. If one is considering a long time result with a mediocre budget, then they should opt the permanent hair removal i.e. laser hair removal. It offers almost permanent hair removal and results in as little as six months. It’s easy to make an appointment with a professional technician and also easier to buy an at-home laser treatment kit.
7. Permanent Tattoo Removal: Tattoos may cause allergic reaction to your skin. The best way to keep your skin healthy is to remove the tattoo of any kind permanently. This can be done with laser. Lasers remove tattoos by breaking up the pigment colours of the tattoo with a high-intensity light beam. To have a tattoo removed, make sure to find a reputed dermatologist or cosmetic surgeon to ensure proper treatment and care.