Tan skin looks ultimately beautiful. While a natural tan is beautiful, it can also be harmful to your skin. Therefore, Verona spray tans are an excellent option to have a golden glow on your skin throughout the year.
VersaSpa® Spray Tans are highly effective without using any harmful UV rays or causing any harm. Since you are already here, you have already booked your appointment. However, there are several things you must take care of before your VersaSpa® Spray Tan appointment to ensure you have minimum side effects.
Table of Contents
- Exfoliate your skin. To prepare for your spray tan, exfoliate your skin with a non-oil scrub. However, avoid using abrasive exfoliants, including salt. You can use sugar and water.
- Avoid moisturizing your body a day before or using moisturizing body wash. This is because it can become an obstacle between the tanning solution and your skin.
- Avoid deodorants, oils, perfumes, or make-up before your spray tan.
- Avoid pedicures on the day of your spray tan.
- Bring an extra piece of clothing or swimwear that you do not mind getting spray tan solution on.
- Wear loose clothing and avoid wearing leggings, jeans, and yoga pants.
- Have freshly showered skin. Sweat can affect the sweat adhering process.
- Inform the specialist if you are pregnant or recently had a baby because your PH levels may not be as required, affecting the spray tan’s adhering.
- If you are planning to get a spray tan for a special event, do a spray tan trial to know how it will look during the actual day of your event.
To maintain your spray tan, here are a few tips for after-care:
- Avoid moisture for at least 4-8 hours after your spray tan. You should avoid showering, workouts, yoga, or any physical activity leading to sweat. Try to stay dry for the best results.
- Avoid make-up at least for 4-6 hours after the spray tan.
- Wear loose clothes until you shower.
- After you shower, ensure that your skin stays hydrated. Do not forget to apply lotion, as it increases the longevity of your tan and ensures that the tan fades away evenly without becoming patchy on your skin.
- Use non-abrasive body/face wash, shower gels, and soaps, so the chemicals do not fade the tan.
- Avoid harsh chemicals on your skin, including bandages or straps that can easily slip your tan.
- Avoid touching your skin.