Body liposuction supplements diet and exercise to help you remove unwanted pockets of fat that worsen as your metabolism slows down in your thirties and forties. Body liposuction is also known as liposuction, liposculpture, and body contouring. For San Francisco liposuction, schedule an appointment with Dr. Macdonald at Aesthetic Surgery Center.
Body Liposuction Slims and Curves
The layer of fatty tissue beneath your skin defines the natural curvature of your physique. However, you may have excess fatty tissue as a result of genetics or lifestyle choices. You need to get rid of excess fatty tissue deposits to reclaim your desired physique and health.
Body liposuction is a viable option for removing unwanted fatty tissue deposits that are resilient to regular exercise and diet. Liposuction is an ideal component of a substantial weight loss program that plays an important role in shaping and conditioning your body.
You should note that liposuction delivers more satisfying results if used as a sculpting tool rather than an independent weight loss program. The most popular areas of your body for liposculpture and liposuction are:
- Upper arms
- Inner thighs
- Saddlebags/Outer thighs
- Love handles/flanks
- Bra strap area/Upper back
- Gynecomastia/male chest area
- Armpit area/anterior axilla
- Neck and face
As long as you work to maintain your weight through diet and exercise after your liposuction surgery, fat removed by liposuction does not come back in the near or distant future.
What Can I Do Before a Liposuction Surgery?
Results are best when you have maintained a constant body weight for about 6-12 months to facilitate the identification of ‘problem spots.’ Waiting for 6-12 months ensures that your present exercise routine and diet can sustain your steady weight.
Exercising patience makes your liposuction results long-lasting and highly gratifying. Note that a liposuction surgery refines your body shape more than it facilitates weight loss.
You can get more guidance on specific actions that you should take before liposuction to make the procedure more successful. Refer to your surgical recovery chart to make a viable plan for a peaceful, healing downtime needed before the operation.
Details of Body Liposuction Surgeries
The results and methods used depend on the amount of targeted fat, quality of underlying muscle tone, resilience, and skin elasticity.
- ¼ inch circular incisions are made to allow a narrow suction tube to pass beneath your skin to remove excess fat with minimal scarring. The entry points are left open to act as drainage sites for tumescent fluid retained after your surgery
- You can help Dr. Macdonald plan and mark out targeted fat removal areas
- He provides anesthesia, tissue tension, and vasoconstriction using a tumescent solution and removes enough fat to realize the desired sculpted result while maintaining enough cells for optimum, natural, and smooth body contour.
- VASER® and Sciton ProLipo PLUS™ may assist with fat dissolution before removal if requested or indicated
Healing and Final Results of Body Liposuction
- Post-surgical discomfort and pain are minimal. Within the first seven days, you may get slight swellings and bruises. You should keep antibiotic ointment over incisions.
- Sutures used to close incisions dissolve within several days
- The circular incisions heal to the point that your scar is barely noticeable
- You can resume your full duties within three to five days
- 2-3 months after surgery, you may experience numbness or tingling that subsides gradually as you heal over the next six months
Adhere to your Liposuction Post Surgery Instruction Sheet to avoid complications that could jeopardize your final results. Consider your dietary choices and regular exercise to maintain a steady weight and desirable body shape.